Private Sector employees keep changing their jobs frequently in search of a career and monetary growth. At the same time, Public Sector employees keep sitting at ease in their comfort zone. They know that they have a job security and they will get slow, but a guaranteed monetary growth. That’s why they are comfortable with it. So, when you switch job from one employer to another, you need to take your PF account along. Earlier, there was an option to close the previous PF account once you switch to a new job. However, now with the introduction of UAN (Universal Account Number), you can only transfer PF from One Account to Another Online. That means from the previous employer to the new one. You cannot close your PF account until & unless you take retirement from your job.
However, there is one more option for you that is you can withdraw an advance from your PF account, once you transfer PF from One Account to Another Online or to the new employer. Read below to find out How to Transfer PF from One Account to Another Online.
How to Transfer PF from One Account to Another Online?
Once you switch the job, you need to Transfer PF from One Account to Another Online.
- For online transfer, you need to register for UAN, if your employer did not get it done for you. Read how to register & activate UAN on your own?
- Now, once you complete the registration and activation of UAN, login to the UAN portal. And, click on “One Member – One EPF Account (Transfer Account)” under the tab “Online services”.
- You will get the following window as a result:
- Scroll down a little to get to this portion of the window. Select Previous Employer radio button and click on Get MID. You will see the following window now:
- On the above screen, select state, office and member ID. If you do not have the above information, kindly contact your previous employer. Also, you should get them on your salary slip. Once you fill in all the details and click on Get MID, you will be re-directed to the previous window with Member ID already filled in the required field.
- Next, you need to click on Get OTP. As soon as you do this, you will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Fill in the OTP in the given space and click on submit.
- Once you do that, you will get an acknowledgment on the screen. Also, you will receive an SMS for the same.
- It will take about a week’s time for the process to take place. However, in the mean time, you can keep checking the status of your request. For this click on “Online Services”, and, from the drop-down, click on “Track Claim Status”. Here is the screen:
- Once Transfer PF from One Account to Another Online is done successfully, you can request for advance withdrawal of your PF amount. And, once you take retirement from your job or switch to an employer in abroad, you can also request PF withdrawal online.
UMANG App for EPFO Services:
EPF mobile services are being discontinued. Now, EPFO services are available on UMANG App. You can download UMANG App by giving a missed call on 9718397183. You can also download this app from UMANG Official Website or from play/app store.
- Make your KYC details are updated correctly.
- Your previous, as well as current employer details, are updated correctly.