Gone are the days of long queue and filling a tedious form for opening an account in SBI. Yes, you read it correct. Now, you can open your Saving Account online with SBI. Here is the procedure:
How to Open a Saving Account Online with SBI?
- Visit SBI Official Site.
- Click on “Apply SB Account” from top navigation menu. From the drop down menu, click on as applicable. Further, from second drop down select the type of account you want to open.
- On next page, click on “Apply Now”.
- Click on “Start New”.
- Fill in your Personal Details under “Customer Information” Tab on next screen and click on “Proceed”. On successful submission of your details, you will get a TCRN(Temporary Customer Reference Number) at the bottom of the screen. Also, you would receive the same on your mobile number that you have provided while filling up the details. Keep taking the printout of every page you fill up.
- Now click on next tab “Additional Information”. Don’t forget to take print of every page you fill up.
- Now comes “Identification” tab. On this page, you get an option to select more than one applicant as account holder. Don’t forget to take print of every page you fill up.
- Under “Account Information Section”, there are two tabs i.e. “Account Type & Services Required” and “Nomination”. First, fill in the details of “Account Type & Services Required”. On successful submission of details, you will get TARN (Temporary Account Reference Number) at the bottom of the screen. Also, you would receive the same on your mobile number that you have provided while filling up the details. Don’t forget to take print of every page you fill up.
- Though you have option not to nominate anyone in your account, however, it is advised to have a nominee for your all the accounts from Day1.
So, fill in the nominee details on next screen. Also, you have an option to get the name of the nominee printed on the passbook. It is advisable, not to print the nominee name of the passbook for security purpose. Don’t forget to take print of every page you fill up.
- Now, click on “Submit”. Once you click on submit, you will see the dialogue box with TCRN and TARN details. Click on OK.
Recommended Read : How to Appoint Nominee in SBI Bank Account?
Last Step of online Account opening:
- Now, attach copies of your ID and address proof along with the prints of the form you filled up online. Keep your original ID and address proof and walk in to the nearest branch of SBI.
- Submit the complete set of documents as mentioned above in the branch. They will allot you an account number and CIF Number.
- Before leaving branch make sure you have the following with you:
* CIF Number
* Account Number
* Internet Banking Kit
- Debit Card and Cheque book would be sent to your registered address in a month’s time. Yes, that’s true, SBI is that slow. Also, do not expect anything quickly in the branch. Make sure you have enough time in hand before you visit a branch of SBI. You are lucky that you have done your homework online for opening your saving account. So, you may get your work done a little sooner.