Is your Passport about to expire or already expired? Are you looking for complete procedure for Online Passport Renewal? Here is how you can get your passport renewed online.
How to Apply for Online Passport Renewal ?
- Visit “Passport Seva” portal. You will see the below screen:
- Click on “Existing User? Login”. Enter your login details and login.
- Below screen is what you will get next. Select the option marked below:
Offline application to apply for passport renewal:
- On next screen, you get two options to apply for Passport Renewal – online and offline.
- For offline, click on “Click here to download the soft copy of the form”. See below:
Online application to apply for passport:
- And, for online option, click on “Click here to fill the application form online”. See below:
- Once you click on the above link, you will see the below screen. Select the desired options.
- Next screen is “Applicant’s Details”. Fill in the details. Here you can save your data simultaneously by clicking “Save My Details” and click “Next”. Fill in all the required information and submit the application.
Pay and schedule appointment for passport:
- Now, schedule your appointment by making an online payment of Rs.1500.00 for normal scheme and Rs.3500.00 for tatkal scheme for 36 pages.
- Next, you will see all the available dates for appointment under your RPO (Regional Passport Office). Select the one which is suitable for you and proceed for payment.
- Once you make the payment, you will get a receipt which you need to carry with you on your appointment to your PSK (Passport Seva Kendra).
- You also need to carry all the required documents required to apply for passport. Following are the list of documents you need to carry:
- Receipt of your payment which made online and the appointment date.
- Your ID proof such as PAN Card, AADHAR, Voter ID Card, Driving License.
- Address Proof with the same address which you filled in while applying for passport renewal.
Recommended Read : New Rules for Passport Application in India
Police Verification and printing of passport:
Next, your file will be moved for police verification. And, once police verification is successful, your passport will be renewed, and will be sent for printing. And, after that withing 15 days, you will receive your renewed passport on the address which you have mentioned while applying for renewal.