All foreign nationals who wants to enter India, they need to possess a valid international travel document. And, this document could be a national passport with a valid visa obtained from an Indian Mission or Post abroad. Also, all Individual visa seekers can apply for the Indian Visa Online. On your scheduled date of interview, submit the duly signed physical copy of the complete application along with the requisite supporting documents at the concerned Indian Visa Application Center (IVAC) or directly to Indian Mission or Post.
Who all can Apply for e-Tourist VISA Online (e-TV)?
- International Travelers whose sole objective of visiting India is recreation , sightseeing , casual visit to meet friends or relatives, short duration medical treatment or casual business visit.
- Their Passport should have at least six months’ validity from the date of arrival in India.
- And, the passport should have at least two blank pages for stamping by the Immigration Officer.
- Also, International Travelers should have return ticket or onward journey ticket, with sufficient money to spend during his/her stay in India.
- Most relevant, International Travelers having Pakistani Passport or Pakistani origin may please apply for regular Visa at Indian Mission.
- Diplomatic or Official Passport Holders are not eligible for e-TV.
- e-TV is not available to individuals endorsed on Parent’s/Spouse’s Passport i.e. each individual should have a separate passport.
- Also, International Travel Document Holders are also not eligible for e-TV.
Documents required for e-Tourist VISA:
- Scanned First Page of Passport in PDF Format; minimum size -10KB, maximum size -300KB
- And, Digital Photograph in JPEG Format; minimum size -10KB, maximum size -1MB.
How to Apply for e-Tourist VISA?
e-Tourist VISA processing gets completed in four steps:
Step by Step Process:
- Visit “Indian Visa Online” Portal.
- Fill in e-Tourist Visa Application.
- Pay VISA processing fee here:
- You will receive e-Tourist VISA on your registered email address.
- Take out a print of your e-Tourist VISA and fly to the beautiful India.
Eligible Countries or Territories for e-TV:
Albania, Andorra, Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Australia, Austria,
Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Bolivia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria,
Cambodia, Canada, Cape Verde, Cayman Island, Chile, China, China- SAR Hongkong, China- SAR Macau, Colombia, Comoros, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Cote d’lvoire, Croatia, Cuba, Czech Republic,
Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic,
East Timor, Ecuador, El Salvador, Eritrea, Estonia,
Fiji, Finland, France,
Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guyana,
Haiti, Honduras, Hungary,
Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel,
Jamaica, Japan, Jordan,
Laos, Latvia, Lesotho, Liberia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg,
Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Mozambique, Myanmar,
Namibia, Nauru, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niue Island, Norway,
Palau, Palestine, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal,
Republic of Korea, Republic of Macedonia, Romania, Russia,
Saint Christopher and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent & the Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland,
Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Tonga, Trinidad & Tobago, Turks & Caicos Island, Tuvalu,
UAE, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Uruguay, USA,
Vanuatu, Vatican City-Holy See, Venezuela, Vietnam,
Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Recommended Read : How to get Indian Passport online?
Plan your Trip with “Make My Trip…Dil to Roaming hai ji“