Voter ID also known as EPIC (Electors Photo Identity Card). Earlier, you could get your Voter Card only before an election, either Local or National. However, the Election Commission of India, has made it easy and simple now, to apply for a Voter ID online. Every EPIC has a unique number of alphanumeric strings with 3 alphabetical codes called Functional Unique Serial Number (FUSN) followed by 7 numerical digits, the last 7th digit being the checksum.
Benefits of Applying Voter ID Online:
- You do not have to visit the electoral Office now.
- And, you will get timely update of the status of your Voter Card.
- Also, you can track the status of your EPIC hassle free.
Who all can Apply for EPIC?
Anyone who is:
- 18 years of age
- Indian Citizen
Documents Required for Applying Voter ID Online:
- Your Photograph
- Identity Proof
- Address Proof
How to Apply for Voter ID Online?
- Visit National Voters’ Service Portal.
- Here you will see Form 6. This form has 4-sections. And, all sections are mandatory.
- 1st Section is Applicant’s Details.
- 2nd Section is Particulars of place of Present Residential Address.
- 3rd Section is Details of member(s) of applicant’s family already included in the current electoral roll of the Constituency.
- And, 4th Section is Declaration.
- Fill in all the sections and upload the required documents.
- Click on “Submit”.
Once you submit, you will receive an email on your given email address. This email will have a link to a personal Voter’s ID page. You can track your voter ID application through this page.
How much time will it take to get my Voter Card?
It takes about a month’s time for your Voter Card to reach at your given address.