To get Rail Reservations under Senior Citizen Quota, AADHAR linking would be mandate from April 01, 2017. AADHAR based ticketing system for senior citizens is the first step by the Indian Railway Ministry. In future, all ticket bookings will require AADHAR. This is what IRCTC Chairman and Managing Director, A.K.Manocha says. AADHAR will be directly linked to railway reservation for senior citizens to avail concessions at both Counter and e-Ticketing.
Recommended Read : How to get AADHAR Online?
Two-Phase implementation of AADHAR-Linked Rail Reservation:
- First phase would be from January 01, 2017 to March 31, 2017. This would be a voluntary or optional phase.
- Second phase would start from April 01, 2017. And, this would be a mandate phase where AADHAR Verification will be mandatory.
AADHAR-Linked ticketing is applicable only on reserved tickets and not on unreserved tickets.
Objectives of AADHAR-Linked Rail Reservation:
The objective is to ensure that only genuine passengers with legitimate tickets travel in trains. As a result, it would prevent revenue losses to Indian Railways.
Also Read : How to change AADHAR details online?
Benefits of AADHAR-Linked Rail Reservation:
- This will streamline the reservation process for the people in Senior Citizen Category.
- It will bring in transparency in rail ticket reservations for senior citizens, making the verification process easy and convenient.
- Also, it will prevent misuse of such a facility as ticket collectors can instantly verify the claims of passengers.
- Not only this, but this would also end fraudulent bookings and curbs of impersonation.
- Aadhaar-linked rail reservations for senior citizens will stop touts and unauthorized agents from booking tickets in fake names and then selling these at a higher price.
Notice to Senior Citizens to submit their AADHAR Details on IRCTC:
Passengers under senior citizen quota will have to carry any of their original documents including AADHAR Card for the purpose of ID Proof, w.e.f. April 01, 2017.
Procedure for Authentication of AADHAR details on IRCTC Website:
- First of all, login into your IRCTC Account.
- Next, click on “My Profile”. And from the drop down, click on “Master List”
- Now, here fill in all the details, such as Passenger Name, Gender, Date of Birth as mentioned in AADHAR. Also, select “Senior Citizen Concession” option as YES. Select the ID Type as AADHAR and enter the AADHAR Number. And, click on “Add Passenger”.
- Once, the passenger details will get verified, passenger’s name will be added to the Master List.
- Currently, AADHAR Verification is available for Senior Citizens only. Though, in future, it will be mandate for all.
- While, reserving a ticket for a senior citizen, now you need to get the name fetched from “Master List”.
And, that’s how it works. It’s easy and transparent.