You want to travel out of India? Do you have a Passport? Have you applied for your passport? No!!! Why not? You can apply your Passport online and get it in less than a month’s time. Now, you can get your passport in four steps only.
How to apply for an Indian Passport online and offline without any agent:
- Visit “Passport Seva” portal. You will see the below screen:
- Click on “New User? Register Now”. Here before you fill in the address, make sure that your present residential address is more than a year old. Below is the screen you will get next:
- Fill in the details and click on “Register”. Next screen which you will see is this:
Activation of your account on Passport Seva Portal:
- Once you register on Passport Seva Portal, you will get an activation link on your given mobile number.
- Login your email and click on activation link for your Passport Seva account activation.
Filling of online application for passport:
- Once you click on the above activation link, you will redirected to the login page on the portal as below:
- Enter you login ID which you have created while registering yourself on Passport Seva Portal; and click on “Continue”.
- This is the next screen which you see:
- After you login to your account, you will see “Applicant Home”. Here click on “Apply for Fresh Passport/Re-issue of Passport”.
Offline application to apply for passport:
- On next screen, you get two options to apply for Passport- online and offline.
- For offline, click on “Click here to download the soft copy of the form”. See below:
- Fill in the downloaded form and upload the same on the same screen. See below:
Online application to apply for passport:
- And, for online option, click on “Click here to fill the application form online”. See below:
- Once you click on the above link, you will see the below screen. Select the options from drop down.
- Select the options on the below screen and click on “Next”:
- Next screen is “Applicant’s Details”. Fill in the details. Here you can save your data simultaneously by clicking “Save My Details” and click “Next”.
- Next screen is your family details. Fill in and click “Save My Details” and “Next”.
- Here comes details of your present residential address. Before you fill in the details here, make sure that your present residential address is more than a year old.
- In next screen, fill in the contact details of someone who can be contacted when you are not reachable.
- You need to give two references of people who know you. I am sure you have a long list of friends, so, go ahead and fill in the references here:
- Click “Next”, fill in the details on the following screens:
- Once you are done and you click “Next”, you will see a preview of your passport, where you need to check all your spellings and details, if they are correctly filled in.
- Check all the details thoroughly, on next screen, you need to give a self declaration. And, then submit the form for passport. Here, on the same screen, you have an option to choose SMS service for step by step intimation of passport processing.
Pay and schedule appointment for passport:
- Now, you see the below screen, where you can schedule your appointment by making an online payment of Rs.1500.00 for normal scheme and Rs.3500.00 for tatkal scheme for 36 pages.
- On next screen, you will see all the available dates for appointment under your RPO (Regional Passport Office). Select the one which is suitable for you and proceed for payment.
- Once you make the payment, you will get a receipt which you need to carry with you on your appointment to your PSK (Passport Seva Kendra).
- You also need to carry all the required documents required to apply for passport. Following are the list of documents you need to carry:
- Receipt of your payment which made online and the appointment date.
- Your ID proof such as PAN Card, AADHAR, Voter ID Card, Driving License.
- Address Proof with the same address which you filled in while registering and applying for passport:
Recommended Read : New Rules for Passport Application in India
4. Proof of Birth:
This is how, without paying any extra money to any agent, you get get your passport online or offline easily. These agents charge you for taking an appointment and for filling up your form online. In any case, on appointment for interview, you will have to be present in person. So, there is no point paying an extra amount to any agent. Fill your form yourself, take an appointment as per your schedule and appear for the interview.
Police Verification and printing of passport:
Next, your file will be moved for police verification. And, once police verification is successful, your passport will be sent for printing and after that withing 15 days, you will receive your passport on the address which you mentioned while applying.