AADHAR is a 12-digit UNIQUE IDENTITY (UID) number for each resident of India. It’s a random number which never starts with a 0 or 1. Interestingly, it is considered as the world’s largest national identification number project. There is no age limit for applying an AADHAR Card. Anybody and everybody should have his/her AADHAR number. There are many benefits of AADHAR number. If you don’t have your AADHAR Number or if anybody from your family doesn’t have one, apply right away.
Benefits of AADHAR:
It becomes easy for government to route welfare payments and subsidies directly into beneficiary’s bank account. For this, your UID number and your bank account must be linked with each other. These welfare payments could be your LPG Subsidy or any other subsidy which Government has started for that matter. Apart from these, now government is starting AADHAR Based online or mobile payment options. So, in future, AADHAR number is must for everyone. It’s not that government has made it mandate, but, you should get it to avail its benefits.
Recommended Read : How AADHAR-Linked Rail Reservations for Senior Citizens would work?
How to Apply AADHAR Online?
Although, without you visiting the AADHAR Enrollment centre, its not possible to get an AADHAR. Since, AADHAR is based on biometrics completely, therefore, your presence at the centre is mandate. But yes, you can book an appointment online. Also, to save your time, you can take out print of AADHAR Enrollment form. Fill it up at your home and then visit a centre.
Step by Step Process to apply an AADHAR Online:
- First of all, arrange photocopy of all the required documents.
- Book an appointment online.
- Take a print of AADHAR Enrollment Form and fill it up properly.
- Enclose copies of all the required documents.
- Now, visit your centre on the date and time of your appointment. Make sure you reach well on time. Because, if you miss your appointment turn, then you may have to wait till long for your turn again.
- On your turn, submit the Enrollment form along with the documents.
- Once, your documents are accepted, you will have to submit your biometric data, such as impression of your all the finger prints of both the hands and image of Iris of your both the eyes.
- Also, they will take your photograph.
- After submission of all the required details, collect your Acknowledgement Slip of your enrollment. This will have your 14-digit enrollment number on it. This acknowledgement slip will help you in checking the status of your application.
- Next step is final step, that is wait for your AADHAR Card to arrive. It may take 90 days or more for your AADHAR Card to arrive. It would be sent by Indian Postal Services.
- However, if you want you can download your e-AADHAR
Recommended Read : How to get e-AADHAR?
How to Apply AADHAR offline?
The complete process would be same as online application. The only difference in offline method is that you do not take an online appointment.
- You directly visit any nearest AADHAR Enrollment centre.
- Fill in the form there itself.
- Enclose the copies of required documents.
- And follow rest of the steps same as online method.
To find out AADHAR Enrollment Centre in your area, Click Here.
Documents Required for AADHAR Number:
- Your Identity Proof
- And, your Address Proof
- If minor, then, ID and Address Proof of the parents; along with minor’s birth certificate.
Also Read : How to change details on AADHAR Portal online?