You can always delink AADHAR from your one bank account and link it to the another. For this, first of all visit your home branch and give a written application for delinking your UID from your Bank Account number. Also, if you are closing your one Bank Account and if AADHAR is linked to that, in that case, it automatically gets delinked. Because, without delinking it, bank account cannot be closed. And, hence, you can link it to another Bank Account of yours.
AADHAR- an Unique Identification Number:
AADHAR is a 12-digit UNIQUE IDENTITY (UID) number for each resident of India. It’s a random number which never starts with a 0 or 1. Interestingly, it is considered as the world’s largest national identification number project.
AADHAR Self Service Update Portal:
Unique Identification Authority of India has introduced a Self Service Portal for updating details like address, mobile number, etc on your AADHAR. It takes 3-5 working days for the updating your details on the portal. You just need to go on AADHAR Self Service Portal, change your details and upload the copies of documents supporting the changes. Let me guide you step by step:
- Go to AADHAR Self Service Portal
- Enter your 12-digit AADHAR number.
- Enter the Text Verification and click on Send OTP tab.
- You will receive an OTP on the mobile number which you have got registered with AADHAR.
- Enter the OTP and proceed to the next step.
- Select the field in which you want to make changes like address change or mobile number change, etc.
- Now, fill in all the required fields in English and it will update all your details in local language as well.
- Then, on the next window, upload the copy documentary proof supporting your changes. You will find list of all the valid documents which you can upload as proof on the site itself.
- Once, portal accepts all your uploads, click on submit.
- Finally, you will receive an acknowledgement for the change request.
In next 3-5 working days, your changes will be updated on AADHAR. And, for every step you will get intimation via SMS and Email.
Benefits of UID:
It becomes easy for government to route welfare payments and subsidies directly into beneficiary’s bank account. For this, your UID number and your bank account must be linked with each other. These welfare payments could be your LPG Subsidy or any other subsidy which Government has started for that matter.
Recommended Read : How AADHAR-Linked Rail Reservations for Senior Citizens would work?
So, Now you know, how to delink or link UID from your bank account. Also, how to make any changes in your details on AADHAR Portal.
How to update AADHAR offline:
This is for those, who don’t remember their mobile number and need to make some changes in their AADHAR. So, follow the steps if you do not remember your mobile number and update your AADHAR details:
- Go to the official website of UIDAI
- And download the “Update Request Form” or download it from below:
- Fill in the form
- Attach all the valid documents in support of the changes you want to make.
- Once, you complete all the required formalities, finally, send the form and the copies of documents to any of the below mentioned addresses:
UIDAI, Post Box No. 10, Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh – 480001, India
UIDAI, Post Box No. 99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500034, India
Recommended Read : How to Apply ADHAR Online?
Also Read : How to get e-AADHAR?
Feel free to comment below for any add on or queries.